Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reading tarot the best way

Back in 1972 I was taught how to REALLY read tarot. Good tarot readers will tell you not to use a book of meanings as the gospel, but more like guidelines. The key to a great tarot reading is taking the cards and using them as a launching point only. I was always psychic , but the cards gave detail, specifics, and showed paths leading to options. I really loved them right away.

Giving a "book" tarot reading, is something anyone can do, yes, anyone. As long as you are able to separate yourself from the situation, you will never need a tarot reader. The problem is those definitions are pretty vague, hackneyed and old. You want pertinent, updated, and new, not meanings from the 1500's. You need someone who has the connection with their cards to get more meaning, personal meanings, clearer meanings. Not just a definition. When you want to learn a language, do you read a dictionary? Of course not. It has valid info, but it is so cut and dried, it isn't what you really need.

I personally use my own method and my personal attachments to the cards. That means that my meaning will have similarities to a book, but not be the same, the psychic abilities adds to and refines that meaning.

I always hate it when someone asks "what card" did you get? It means they will form their meaning to the card, and my cards aren't speaking their language, but mine. Will it be close? Probably. Will it be right on for them, NO. It is like we are speaking a dialect the querant doesn't understand, and it will make for insulting someone's mother. All jokes aside, don't ask the doctor what that squiggly line means, then take your knowledge of the anatomy, trust the doctor's training and experience.

If you want card meanings, get a Rider Waite deck, and pull away.

There are also MANY (hundreds) methods, systems, and ways to get answers. I never pull less than 5 cards at a time. I use several decks at once in some readings, this isn't standard "buy a tarot book" meanings....but then why pay for that? Anyone can do that. That isn't putting down tarot readers, they took the time to learn 78 cards with multiple meanings, but there is so much more to tarot.

I do not include astrology with my tarot, but that is an option, not one I choose to use but a valid one none the less. I will be teaching a  class soon, but don't expect me to spit out the "traditional" tarot meanings, and make you memorize them, that is just scratching the surface of tarot. You want to be extraordinary, so my class is geared into that direction.There are so many tarot readers out there, if you want to use this as a business, you need to do more. Many people don't like it, as they think they are checking you, or testing you, in fact they will just be confused.

A regular tarot reading is not a bad thing, but it isn't the best thing. Find a reader that is psychic, or has their own relationship with the cards, and don't try to read them while they are on the table.You will miss much, misinterpret more, and put what you "want to hear" on to the cards.

I have come up with situations and asked my guides to show me a card for things that never existed in original tarot. We have situations, people and lifestyles today that didn't exist in the 1500's. We need to be aware of the depth of tarot, not just the surface.

People who "read" tarot like a book, are like reading the Cliff Notes. Get the in depth , "60 Minutes" readings, by finding a reader who really has their own meanings, and abilities/gifts.
You will be much the wiser!




Peshaui Wequashimese




(C)2013 Dr. R M Wolf, published under "Triple Moon Goddess" . May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.