Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why be unhappy???

Why is everyone so unhappy and so grouchy?

They hated the Republican president, now they hate the Democrat one. They blame the country for all their woes....some of those who complain have lifestyles better than mine! I think people just like to complain. They look at every instance as another example of how their life sucks, or tis country sucks, or their job sucks.

They complain about gasoline prices and we still are one of the countries where it is the cheapest in the world! They complain about everything and anything. They remind me of the two grouchy old men on the Muppet Show up in the balcony , making fun of and complaining about everything.

I am so glad that I seem to live in a different place. My life is fine, my business is growing, my kids are doing well, my husband is awesome, I have amazing friends. Can I look and FIND things to complain about. Of course, but unlike most other people, I have better things to do.

I don't look at everything as truly wonderful like a bliss ninny, but also not as a problem like all the malcontents out there. Don't like this country? There are 195 other ones you can move to anytime. Job sucks? Be happy you have one. Spouse is a jerk? Trade them in. Don't like the weather? Move.

I have a leaky roof, it will be expensive to fix, but guess what, it lasted over 30 years, it made it about 10 years longer than it should have. I am also happy because I HAVE a roof over my head, and I will be able to afford to fix it, although it takes away a lot of "fun money", we won't starve.

Most people need to take a long, hard look in the mirror to see the source of their problems. Most people who complain they lost their jobs or can't find work....I wouldn't hire to mow my lawn. The ones who can't afford to buy off the dollar menu at the fast food store, are living above their means and have been for years. The ones who have terrible relationships, are the ones who are terrible partners. The ones who have kids in big trouble...well they raised them!

People still don't realize that when all you do is complain...about the country, president, your job, your home, your spouse...you CREATE that reality. From convincing yourself it is true and walking around with a negative outlook , to manifesting it outright. Stop being your own worst enemy!

To quote Eldridge Cleaver, "Are you part of the solution, or part of the problem?"

Try to have a better day, I will, leaky roof and all!


Peshaui Wequashimese




(C) 2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.