Friday, September 30, 2011

Scariest thing

What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you? Maybe it was even something that you were expecting to happen , but didn't. Maybe it was a close call. What was it?

I can certainly think back to some scary moments. Most of them involve haunted houses. There was a near death experience, but to be honest, that wasn't scary at all. Honestly. Running into a burning house was unsettling , and something I say I will never do again (but who knows). Yet that also does not top the list. The scary moments that really made me uncomfortable were all moments in my two haunted houses.


Scary moment number one was when , after years of all kinds of things moving, noises, and sensing a couple who used to live in the house, I was lying in bed one night when my name was said in a singsong manner (which made it creepier), over and over and over.....I kept telling myself it was people playing a joke, maybe they were even outside, after all, how could they get in? But in the end, I knew it was voices from those I just could not see. The cadence I think, was the part that got to me. It was just too unfitting for the experience. Sort of like why Pennywise the Clown (from Stephen King's "It" scares us so).

The second was when a dark hooded figure wearing all black wandered down my hallway one night in NM. The house took on a whole different atmosphere after dark that put you in fear mode just because the sun went down. There were all kinds of things happening there too, but the man walking down the hall, was the icing on the cake. The funny part is that he was so scary because I thought he was a real person. The house was active and beyond creepy, but I was SURE someone had broken in. I was hoping they would take what little I had an go. I had no phone in my bedroom , and thought that if it were indeed a burglar, he would just take stuff, like the computer and leave.

My thoughts were racing, and after about 5 minutes I realized a few things. There was no noise of things being taken, looked at or moved. There was no noise period. There was no reappearance of the "man" all "dressed" in black. There was no anything. I was wide awake. Breathing hard, heart pounding, thinking of how to ambush him and get to a phone....and it dawned on me. There is no man. What I saw was not of this dimension. I was actually relieved that it wasn't a real person. I would rather deal with a black shadow than a burglar that night. He was later was back with a parade of folks behind him....that actually wasn't as scary as my first encounter with him, although it was the last. Maybe he just needed to find a detour for that night or they were trying out a new trail. The house was still haunted as ever, but I never saw the black shadow man again.

So tell us all, what was your scariest moment???
Happy homework!




Peshaui Wequashimese


(C) Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.