Monday, October 3, 2011

The Great outdoors

This weekend Matt and I worked outside most of the day. We planted, cleaned, mowed, weeded, and starting sorting through the wood pile out back. Having a large piece of property with many trees , means lots of leaves, twigs and branches. That means bonfire and chiminea fuel.

I love being outside. I always have. I was lucky enough to grow up in a place that was so varied as to the landscape. There were forests, the ocean, mountains, farms, and even city streets to stroll. You could go from one Naturescape to another in a matter of an hour or so. The variety was perfect. I no longer have that variety close by, but my husband and I travel frequently, so I get my "Mother Nature fix".

I can't imagine not seeing all the wonders that are out there. I finally got to see geysers and boiling mud pots, by visiting Yellowstone (and anyone who is into the beauty of nature MUST go to Yellowstone). It was refreshing just NOT to see McDonald's bags and cigarette butts. I have seen some awesome beauty in my life and I am one of the lucky folks.

There is so much out there to see, and it is all just waiting for you. You can get a carload of people into any National Park, for a whole week, for $25 total, that is a huge $3.57 per day for the carload. You can use it at another National Park that same week, so we drove into Grand Tetons, about half an hour away. Matt and I saw two National parks for $1.79 per person per day. Where can you get a deal like that!

So much is out there, not to mention fresh air, sunshine, wildlife, and quiet. The only sound that awoke me during the night were the howling coyotes. I love the great outdoors. Always have, always will. I will always need a green space behind my home , and the ability to travel to see new places. When you don't explore you are missing much.

Since we do have to work and take care of our home, we can't be in Yellowstone all the time, or the Adirondacks, or on top of hawk Mountain.....but it is always there waiting for us.

Remember , when you cease to learn, you stagnate, and die intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally. When you do not see and appreciate other places, the same happens as well.

Be part of the world.
Experience it first hand.

Learn, research and grow.
Do the right things for the right reasons.


Peshaui Wequashimese



(C)2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.