Monday, October 10, 2011

Need a break.......

It is suddenly October. How did that happen? It means that many things naturally slow down. There is not so much outside work (we have a pretty big backyard), no more ghost walks, but still some bonfires. We have time to get serious about certain things (like making quilts and drum beaters),and time to relax more.

Saturday I spent most of my day preparing for a bonfire. The pit had to be cleaned up (turning dirt is a great way to get some exercise), moving chairs and washing them down, gathering and setting up the wood, piling wood by the ring, food shopping, chili cooking, bread baking, and a little more furniture moving. Matt was away helping a friend so it was just me and the cats..... I prepared food for all who said they were coming, and then several didn't show, nor call, nor text. I will be eating chili for days. Maybe they remembered it was the last day of Fall Festival, or the car broke down, or they just forgot....who knows, I just wish I would have known, I wouldn't have made so much food.

I have friends that frequently do parties, they also have problems with people even responding to if they are coming or not. Why is it so difficult? Always RSVP, and if something changes that day, contact the host ASAP. Stuff happens, schedules change, that is fine, but just let people know!

It took quite a bit of time to do all the bonfire prep, and there were things like laundry in between. The night before was a scheduled ghost walk. Although 3 people requested it, and one asked repetitively for a reminder of the date, Matt and I drove out to New Harmony at 9:30 Friday night , and no one was there. So, I am glad the ghost walk season is over, otherwise I might just say "screw it". Maybe a winter off will help. I think from now on, ghost walks will be by request only for that person and their group, and they will HAVE to let me know if they aren't showing up, because I will call them that night to make sure.

The good news is that the bonfire was fun, we had some great discussions and good food.

Meanwhile, my callers keep me busy, and I have a couple of classes scheduled. I already work seven days a week , all day, you would think that would be enough. So, I am doing what I started to do a few months ago, pull back. When people who are trusted and dedicated ask for things (two classes have been requested in the past month or so), I will gladly do them. However, I will be slowing down.

We have a quite a few folks who say they are coming to the Halloween bonfire...hopefully they will all be here. At least the fire pit is pretty well ready to go.

I know I am doing too much, so I am using a clue from Mother Nature and slowing down, at least for the next 6 months. I have updated my webpage: triplemoongoddessgina.com , and have some serious classes that I will be teaching.

Meanwhile, enjoy the season and cool weather. I hope that you all have a wonderful autumn, and a healthy one.

Onwards and forwards!


Peshaui Wequashimese



(C)2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.