Monday, October 17, 2011

Not all "love and light"...

I am always looking to sharpen my skills. Once you believe you are the best psychic around, you limit yourself. There is no Ego in spiritual work, and we always need to strive not only to do our best, but to learn even more. I am preparing to teach a Psychic Development II class. I have taught it before, but I always check to see if there is a new technique out there, a new way to help people to accept their psychic selves or to grow that psychic self. I picked up a book that was sitting on my bookshelf and started to read it Friday. I wanted to see if it was good for my recommended reading list that I give my students.

Just pages into the book Extraordinary Psychic, I found words that are so important to me. Words that separate the truly spiritual from those who are playacting at it. Those who truly get it, know that there is bad in the world, and they know what to do about it, and why it exists.They know that it NEEDS to exist. They are active in the world, and actually do things to make it better. REAL actions, like speaking up (even when people don't want to hear it), teaching (even when people don't want to know it), donating (time, money, things), volunteering and sharing EVERY day with NO EXCUSES.I do mean EVERY DAY, literally. They are out there and there are many of them. They don't advertise that they do these things every day, they have no ego. They just do their works tirelessly and quietly. You will hear about certain things they do, most likely to show an example, or to make a point. But you won't hear of every good deed done every day.

Then there is the flip side. They may be involved in something like a charity, but not actually DO much of anything, at least until it is time to bask in the glory. They may do things that they feel are helpful (and are), but are the "lazy way out"....they chant, drum and always in the presence of others like them. They pray, make altars, but never actually "work". They don't do the hard stuff, just the stuff they like that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. The drumming, chanting, praying, is a social event from what they make it,  not a "helping" event. They believe that just showing up , somehow saves the world...not with that intent and mindset!

My Reiki Master calls them Bliss Ninnies, a term I thought she coined, but it was her Reiki teacher who did so. When I was reading the book Friday , I knew this author had her head on straight when I read:

Violence is everywhere. Evil exists, no matter how many of us wish it didn't. Because these harsher forces exist out there, there are times we need to be able to stand up to them,when being all nice and loving is not the correct response....spirituality does not exist in a vacuum of "Leave it to Beaverish everything's love and light". Perhaps most important , we are not going to allow ourselves to become trapped in our own definitions, stereotypes,or fantasies of ourselves as and psychics and spiritual seekers. 

Debra Lynn Katz

The last line is so true of many 'spiritual" people, they moved from truly spiritual to a  stereotype.

Once you slip into that "I am a good person, I pray, I don't get upset, I love everyone" mentality, you have moved far outside "spiritual". It is called "denial". You are living in an unreal world. Katz goes on to say that there are many well intentioned , famous psychics and healers out there who are very messed up. It is so true, it is alarming.

They have excuses when confronted. They usually react strongly and even react in ways sometimes that are extremely nonspiritual. You don't even have to comment on them personally, just the "way of the world", and people in general, and they jump up and carry on about how THEY are not like that! Then you are the "bad guy", and the one who is nonspiritual. Spirit has good and bad. People are born and people die, our job is to actually, physically help each other as much as possible while living in the "real world".  They have excuses, words, and an indignant attitude...they are not spiritual people.

People have a bad habit of blaming every one and every thing else in the world today for their problems and the world's problems. However, once you turn the mirror toward them and say "here is part of the problem", they jump up and down and pour out words that they think makes them look better. It may make them feel better, but they sure do not look better. I chuckle some days as my close friends and family say something along the lines of "do they forget what you do for a living ?". What I do, is see into people as to their motives, even if THEY don't know them. I don't know if it was always my strongest psychic trait, or it was heightened by four years of psychology at Montclair State, but it is the one talent I never doubt for a second.

I am always trying to develop my psychic abilities. I teach, I have hundreds of clients, and I can live on my earnings as a psychic (although no where near as comfortable as someone like Sylvia Browne), yet I always try to develop more, including my mediumistic side, and ability to pick up better on non emotional information. I am getting much better at finding lost objects, and any new or refined skill is fine by me.

When I wrote my Masters Thesis on how I believe the works of Jung, most notable the use of the teachings on collective conscious, should be studied and shared by the metaphysical community,
I was hopeful that our move from the "woo woo" stuff into mainstream science would pick up steam. It has started and writers like Lynn Mc Taggart are helping to foster that along. The one thing that will keep the metaphsyical community from being believed, trusted and accepted, is the "bliss ninnies" , the "Leave it to Beaverish" folks. They keep us in the Dark Ages of the beginnings of parapsychology when those scientists who "believed in ghosts" were ridiculed and asked to leave Universities. Mainstream people meet them and walk away with smiles on their faces twirling their fingers around their ears.

When you meet a Bliss Ninny, please don't give in to their "peace, love, and all is sunny fluffy bunnies and unicorns " attitude. Don't let their words that make no sense flood over you. Stand up to them and teach them of the yin and the yang. Hold up the mirror to them. Bliss ninnies aren't spiritual, and are in fact the antithesis of spirituality. The deny half of what the Universe has created.

Be smart, be strong, be real, and for goodness sakes, don't be a Bliss Ninny!!!!


Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.