Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Demanding clients

I thought that maybe I was just having a bad run of things as far as clients, by that I mean demanding. However in the past few days I had three other readers ask me if "something was in the air", well, not that I know of. Astrologers may tell us differently, but I wish they would clue the rest of us in.

I have had a few people demand readings over the past couple of weeks, and even  try to sneak in after I tell them "no" or "wait". Reading for people is something that is harder to do than you might think. It is like being a therapist (I always knew I would use that psych degree). You hear people's problems all day long. Some scream, some cry, some are just "ugly". I listen to the brokenhearted, and I listen to people that I really just want to knock some sense into. I listen to people who should not be out walking around among others. I read for people who should never have had children. People do the most hateful things to others and and then wonder why they have no friends and no one in the family will talk to them.

Recently I have had a string of people who demand readings. Like most people, and businesses, I work on a schedule. I have been doing this so long I can easily read just about anywhere (not in a noisy crowd), comfortably. I can tune out the cats knocking things around, and the doorbell ringing. I can tune out most things, however I do like to have a low noise situation so that we can clearly communicate. I also don't want anyone else hearing the querant's business, although that rarely becomes an issue.

I have hours I set for myself , and I read when I am in the right frame of mind. When there is drama around me, I sign off. The last few weeks have been busy, emotional, hectic, and even stressful. I was not taking on any new clients at all. That is of course the time when new ones appeared. They don't understand that unlike the hotline I read on (when I am on, I am on), my personal business is done by appointment, and it may be a few days or a few weeks before you get a reading. If you want to know when your boyfriend is going to call, then you don't want my readings that I do in person or from my webpage. These are serious, how can I improve my life type readings. They are for problem solving for people who want help.They aren't "pop readings" , they are the old fashioned, serious type of reading.

The other readers told me they have the same thing going on. We didn't name names, but I think that in at least two cases, we were talking about the same "clients". They are demanding readings and not understanding that this is not the way to get a reading. We know when we are available and in the best energy and place in order to give help. We have to run it like a business or we will run ourselves into the ground. How much strength do you think it takes to listen to people for 12 hours a day, who are their own worst enemy in many circumstances? Who are crying, screaming, drunk, hateful? What do you think that feels like all day long? Only the strong readers survive.

One fellow reader called her problem caller a "stalker". This person insisted on a reading even though the reader told her she doesn't do those types of readings (medical intuitive). I don't either. I can give some advice sometimes on that subject from what I get, but the strongest thing I always tell them is "see a doctor". No matter what is wrong, you will have to go there anyway! Sometimes we can help you find the best doctor or best type, but we are not medically trained, and the clues and messages we get usually mean nothing to us without that training.

I had one, ask, then beg, then insult, then try to sneak in, insult me, then act nice, then ask for forgiveness. You wonder why this person needs help? Passive aggressive people are my least favorite. I won't read for them. This is just one of several over the past week.

I don't know why readers are being stalked, or what is "in the air", but readings are designed to help you figure out YOUR best course of action. They are there to help guide you and see choices you may not have seen or point you in the right direction, not solve your problems for you.

I always want to scream when a person asks about a relationship, and you describe the significant other to tell them why things are like they are, and the querant says "I know all that", why isn't this relationship working. It isn't working because "you know all that" and persist in trying to get a one legged man to walk a tightrope. It just isn't going to happen. I don't read to fleece people's pockets. I read to help them, so anyone who shows up with a payment doesn't automatically get a reading.

The other relationship "solution" is people then play "hard to get". That will work with some men, but some just won't be bothered. Some don't like game players and will see through you in a New York minute. Some are insecure and slink away thinking you aren't interested.

Never play games in a relationship. Never. It will always backfire.

Meanwhile, when a reader says she isn't available, or isn't taking new clients, don't stalk her, yell at her, try to make her feel guilty, send her reams of email insisting on a reading, or sneak in another way....say "thank you" and move on. That makes the reader realize you will be a problem child, and the last thing we need with people already filling our books with some terrible situations, is a problem child.

Respect readers, and respect their business practices. When it doesn't work for you, move on, and find one who is willing to work with you or has the time to do so. We live our lives as punching bags as it is on most days, and when we say "enough", we mean "enough".


Do the right things for the right reasons.




Peshaui Wequashimese



(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.