Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Trust your gut

Every situation in life has a moment where you have a "feeling". Some people literally feel it in their stomachs. It is your gut talking to you. I am not talking about that burrito you probably should not hve eaten at 2 AM, but the feeling that something more ephemeral is wrong or off.

I walk around with my psychic door closed. When I was a kid it was opened all the time, but it drove me crazy...plus I don't need to know everything going on in all my friend's lives.However, even before "opening up" I still get what most of us recognize as our gut talking to us.

Last year we had a man come to join our paranormal investigating group. He was VERY enthusiastic, to the point of being annoying most times. He couldn't sit still and he had no patience. He was also one of those folks who thought everything was paranormal. I didn't really like him, but tried to help him. Thinking back on it, he would always ask...can I come over now (to borrow a USB, or show us a picture he took), knowing what I now know, that is a little scary. I would always tell him he had to wait...wait for my husband to come home. I feel comfortable with most men in my life, but to be honest this one made me a little uneasy. I couldn't exactly say why I really didn't like him (I didn't hate him either), but it was just something floating out there that made me reluctant to include him in investigations or private matters (like a bonfire we all generally gather at). I thought it was drugs making him so hyper. I was partially correct.

I told my husband this guy would weed himself out of the group , and he did. He had no restraint. You would tell him not to discuss a case, and the first thing you know he was bragging about going on an investigation on social media. Our founder talked to him more than once, but he just couldn't stop himself. He would not givve particulars, but didn't understand "do not say ANYTHING".

When the perfect storm happened he was gone. The perfect storm was he bragged about an investigation moments after being told not to say anything; he tried to take members from the group and start his own; and he was arrested for drunk driving and put under house arrest. Our founder cut him from the group after some bad attitude spilled out of him, and then allowed him back after apologies and promises (that were not kept),putting him on probation informing him that he could not go on investigations until his house arrest was over.

The group had some members going on a trip and he wanted to go. He asked our founder to lie for him and say he was doing work there (he owns a flooring business). We refused of course, and kept him out of the group. When his probation and house arrest were over, he wanted to do an investigation at a local historical site. With hindsight I realize he needed the group to get in. He said he had it all set up , but needed to know if we could do it within a few days. He was told we couldn't guarantee that. He called repeatedly and pestered the founder and his family to get us to do this investigation. We said we couldn't do it. The uproar that ensued caused him to again be cut from the group.This time for the final time. I don't think he ever did the investigation, as he always brags about these things, and nothing was ever said. I think he needed us to get in. Now I know why.

Recently our founder was watching the news when he saw this man on it. A sexual offender, and registered sexual predator. We knew he was an alcoholic, but did not know about the sexual offender status. Apparently there is also a drug history there. My gut didn't like him and now I know why. I think that since the investigation he wanted us to do was a city historical site, they checked him out before the investigation, and didn't allow him to do it because of his record. The other side of that may be he backed out knowing what would happen.

Always trust your gut, people will always show their true colors, this man did. We always had questionnaires, interviews, and probationary periods for new members, now we will have background checks. What a convenient and easy way to get into homes where their might be children. That is more scary than the ghosts!

If you live in Evansville or have a paranormal investigating group in the area, please beware of this man. His name is Darren Desmon Stogsdill. Meanwhile...trust your gut!


http://www.14news.com/story/23271073/officials-on-alert-after-spotting-convicted-sex-offender-around-evansville-school



Peshaui Wequashimese


(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.