Monday, January 24, 2011

Reaching goals

Today I was sending out some free minutes to my callers, when I thought back to the time I started doing readings worldwide. It was SCARY when I started, I can tell you that. Although I had given hundreds of readings before, I had never talked to a stranger on the phone to do a reading. My mentor assured me there was nothing to it, and she was right.

I wanted to achieve 250 points (we are given points by callers) , so that I could have input on the bulletin board. I wondered how long that would take, I was sure it would be at least a year. It was a main goal for me. It took a couple of months. Now I have over 18,000 points on only one listing, have been on that bulletin board, and then had to walk away from it as I was so busy. How perfect is that!

I couldn't wait to have my first "regular" client. Then I thought that 100 of those was a lofty goal. Now I have over 1200 regulars.

Back in 2004, I thought this would be a nice "part time" job to help add to my income. I was on my own after 13 years,living in Las Vegas, and had lost my job through cutbacks before my divorce was final.How much worse could it get? The world was looking bleak. I just followed my instincts, and trusted my intuition, and here I am. The only person who decides how my business is run, is me. That being said, I am a harsh taskmaster. When I was in the mundane work world, I never asked my employees to do something I wouldn't do, but they sure better do what they were supposed to, and knew I would do much, and be at their side doing it. When they were in on the weekends, I was in on the weekends. They loved me. Two quit the day I was laid off.

I don't have sick days, or vacation days (I have done readings in the Adirondacks, Sedona, Las Vegas, and just about everywhere else I have ever been in the past seven years). I work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day. I tell the truth, even when people don't want to hear it. That loses me some clients, but I am not about to rip anyone off by telling them some crazy psychic story.There are already too many "psychics" out there making things up as they go along.

It isn't easy, but it isn't terrible either....although Matt says he doesn't know how I do it.

The point is, I reached my goals, and surpassed them with ease. Goals that looked HUGE in the beginning are barely a memory now. When we take something on, we look at the huge mountain. Sometimes this stops people dead in their tracks. The faithful ones plunge right in and later realize it was a little bump in the road we easily climbed over.

When you are meant to do something it is EASY, productive, rewarding. When you are not, it is difficult to impossible. Choose carefully , and then give it all you have. When you are walking your path, there will be no mountains to block you, but a road that meanders through the tough parts.

Set reasonable goals, and go for it!

Who learned anything new over the weekend??? Any new religions or belief systems enter your world????

I did, I read a very interesting book about the French and Indian wars. I didn't finish it, but I will!


Challenge yourself.
No excuses.
Do the right things for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.