Monday, January 3, 2011

Everyone needs a real life Helper Angel

This weekend was fun, and slow business-wise. Typical first of the year. The good news is, I made a lot more money this year, than last year (so all of you that think the economy stinks, think again).

I am frustrated though due to technical glitches that I can't fix. When in the corporate world, if there was something "off", I searched it out, and fixed it, or had someone who knew that they were doing, do so. The computer that runs my business is hundreds of miles away, and the people there are clueless on a good day. They mean well, but they just don't get it. Even when they have a group of psychics tell them that something is wrong and what area it is in, they still don't believe us. They believe that when at least some money is coming in, things MUST be working right.....bliss ninnies.

Last year a dear fried who got me started on this path in the first place, told me (basically) to quit screwing around and move up. She asked shy I wasn't doing parties (she is in a larger urban area, and that works well for her), and I said...I need a partner (it is almost impossible to do a party alone, I know, I have done it). Then she went on to the litany of other things I should be doing, like a radio show (I do as a guest), and asked where the heck the book was.....I (honestly) told her it is on a shelf until I can put "DR." in front of my name (I have started my dissertation so at least I am on track).

Matt and I discussed options for taking the business forward and higher. There are some great ideas and some stumbling points. I have seen others make huge mistakes wanting a business so badly , and trying to run one, that at least I know what NOT to do. Working in the corporate world for 20 some years helps too. My saving grace is I have one already, so I am not chomping at the bit making mistakes by rushing to have one.

When I first embarked on this metaphysical journey, I was told to make a list of "helper angels". These were real live people who I know would always be blunt, honest, and helpful. This lady Sandy was one of them. I know that if I get lazy, get off track, or wander, Sandy will reel me right back in. She is so full of life and knowledge. Matt loves her, although he can't get a word in edgewise...lol, Sandy is my main Helper Angel.

Even if you are not working in the metaphysical, you need a helper angel. They are the people who have the guts to say things like "get off your ass", "stop complaining", or "that wasn't too smart". They push, prod, and always point you in the right direction. They are NOT the buddy who perpetually agrees with you, and tells you that you do not look fat in that dress. They are honest, ethical, helpful, and smart.

When you do something wrong they tell you, when you do something right , they praise you. They are sages and know much about your life, your profession, your mission, or your goals. They have to have no ego issues, and not be in competition with you. They have good ideas and information, so not "just anyone" will do. It is hard to pick good "helper angels", it really is.

My helper angel Sandy has helped make sure I am working just for me. The funny part is she held a mundane job after I took flight and worked only for me. I then became the helper angel and now she is out in NY kicking butt and taking names. I have great ideas for her, and she for me. We can always ask each other for advice, and always get a great answer. I have 5 helper angels, many have trouble finding one, but I sent the Universe out to help me find them. I don't talk to Sandy every day, we always know we are each there for instant help though. Helper Angels aren't there to tell you what to do everyday, just check in on your progress, and to help when times are tough.

We all need these folks, otherwise we stumble through life, never really reaching our goals, and making mistakes. We have to be accountable with a helper angel. Make sure that you have your goals set and then ask someone who really understands them and you , to be your helper angel. They are invaluable.

So to all the helper angels out there THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....and for those of you that don't have one yet, find one...and make sure that they have the guts to honestly tell you like it is, otherwise you have just another fan.


Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2011 Triple Moon Goddess Gina, May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.