Monday, January 2, 2012

Who are YOU trying to impress?

There was a call today from a client, and in the background some unknown person shouted at another,  "Just who are you trying to impress?" . My little psychic antenna went to that person for a second , their energy way overshadowed the caller (and the caller thankfully asked me to hold on a sec to clear the room).

I know what I got from that situation, but afterwards I thought, how many times do people do things or say things to show off a little, or to make themselves get attention. Matt and I were talking about a similar situation yesterday, people seeking attention in the wrong way.

I am always me. I say what I truly think or feel, and I don't post every thing I do on Facebook. I don't look for attention, and I am not in the popularity contest. I don't try to offend, but if I really feel something needs to be said and it will offend someone, I say it. I don't just say it for effect, drama, or to show "hey I am still here".

I notice a few people on facebook that always have to announce things that show they are doing well in life....that is fine, but when that is the only thing you talk about , it shows what is really important to you.

Then there are the ones who post about their kids triumphs and failures...these are the real people.They are people who have ups and downs, and concerns about others. It isn't just people with their kids, it is just an example of the ones who just let it all hang out there, warts and all.

You see others on social networking sites,  that all they do is complain about how our country is run. It is OK to be unhappy and if you have a valid argument , go for it. The problem is most of the arguments are from scaremail or some other nonsensical place, they seek it out to prove how "right" they are in their anger, when in fact they are so lost it isn't even funny anymore. The next tactic is to then stop listening when someone tries to show them why they are wrong. They are in total nonreality and denial.

There is so much anger, frustration, unhappiness out there. I wonder when we became such a bunch of entitled people? I think it was the 70's and 80's that did it, and it is creating children with even bigger issues.

The scary part is that these same folks will call themselves spiritual or Christian. They quietly and methodically make the real thing look bad. They go to church every Sunday , can quote the Bible or Greg Baden, and yet they can't seem to be happy or lead a life that doesn't harm others.

I remember a person spouting off a list to me of all the classes she took and attunements and such she had, and how that somehow made her superior to her NA husband (whom she was at odds with). She considered herself so superior to him becasue she had these experiences. In fact she wasn't even up to his shoe tops. She didn't take a thing she learned and apply it to being a better person.  She was egotistical, had taken some classes that were pure jokes and scams, and even if they weren't, she obviously didn't learn the essence of the classes.

Being spiritual is the goal, not religious. Religion teaches you dogma, a set of rules. Being spiritual teaches you to take those rules and think and act for yourself. religious people can be spiritual, or not! People who never set foot in a church can be spiritual or not. Don't confuse dogma with spirituality, they really have little to do with each other.

When you find a way to make your life better, all by yourself, without hurting others. When you find a way to trust in a higher power and don't try to control everything. When you find a way to help others with no reward, not even recognition. When you believe that everything you do has a reaction somewhere at sometime. When you think for yourself, and don't try to force others to follow your dogma. When you do unto others, and walk your talk. When you lose ego and anger, you are well on your way to being spiritual.

When you slide past the line of spirituality into Bliss Ninny world where you do nothing, and call it all good when it isn't, when you are in denial. You are as far from spiritual as the one who is egotistical, dishonest, and hurtful.

Like anything, spirituality is a balance.
It starts with walking your talk.
It starts with my mantra, doing the right things for the right reasons.

Today as you go through your day, think "who am I trying to impress?", you shouldn't be trying to impress anyone, you should just be being YOU.


Peshaui Wequashimese


(C)2012 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.