Monday, June 25, 2012

Psychology and the Psychic

I always thought that my degree in psychology came in handy in my metaphysical work. It was what I thought of as a strange mix....but it really isn't. Psychology is a branch of studies which still is considered pretty" non scientific". You would think that after Skinner and Pavlov , the scientific community would embrace psychology, but it is still a liberal arts degree, not a BS or MS. I earned my BA as a psychology major back in Montclair NJ. I loved the school and some how managed to work 38 hours a week, carry a full load, have a good time and keep my grades up.

I not only use my psychology teachings to help those I am reading for who have issues troubling them, but I have used it a few times on figuring what is going on in a "haunted" house, and how to best work to cross some personalities over, or why they don't want to go in the first place.

I thought it was very interesting the other night when Amy Adams suggested to a homeowner to get a medium with a psychology background to help cross over some children filled with fear.

I have said it many times. "Ghosts" still retain their personality, fears, wants, and ways of dealing with things that they had in life. Until they cross all the way over, they can have strong personalities.

I never thought I would use the psych degree except to have a college education on my resume (which did help me not only obtain jobs, but move up more quickly). Then when I decided to work for myself, I took metaphysical classes here and there. I became a reiki master, and dabbled in some other things, although none of them took prominence. I then found IMM and was able to complete a divination degree and metaphysical sciences degree. It was MUCH more fun than the first degree!

My Master's thesis was written on Carl Jung and his contributions to the metaphysical. I always enjoyed Jung. When on vacation earlier this year, my husband was forced to read some Jung as he left his books at home. He is now very interested in Carl Jung. Jung was a "mystic", and his way of looking at the world was different from mainstream psychologists. Not all his writings reflect that, as he had to be very careful to not lose the respect of his colleagues. Today many are writing about metaphysics from a scientific approach.

Jung the Mystic is an excellent book to start with if you want to learn more about his way of seeing beyond what was accepted in the world. His work on the collective unconscious is a good start to understanding Jung and how he sees us as all connected. Other good books are The Nature Writings of C J Jung, Psychology and the Occult, and Memories, Dreams, Reflections.

Meanwhile I suppose fate played a role in my life back when I started college, and I was finally able to take a couple of years and finish up my studies in a genre I really use daily, from a school in my beloved Sedona.....

Circles, the world is made up of circles!


Learn, research and grow.
Never stop learning!



Peshaui Wequashimese




(C)2012 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.