Monday, January 28, 2013

Be an expert...

Take something that you are good at and really enjoy, and make yourself an expert at it. Think of it as an excuse to immerse yourself in one of your favorite things. It is fun to then take it and help others. It doesn't have to be something that is meant to benefit others originally , but it can become that, and usually does.

I have spent years honing skills in things I love. I have even put myself in some uncomfortable or even somewhat dangerous positions to learn more. It always pays off , and it always has the ability to be shared.

The metaphysical, quilting, and psychology are my special areas of knowledge, but then there are others that I am just learning more and more about, like the raptors. That was already an interest, and a place where I had learned much, now I am literally "hand on" and loving it. To be an "expert" you have to have "hands on", and expose yourself to many situations, people, and learning experiences. I have a long way to go to expert status there and may never get there, but the learning process is fun.

Some areas and interests are expensive, some are not. Some you can do more cheaply than others. Some you can jump into to the point of making it a career, and that is a very wonderful thing indeed!!

Become an expert. Read all you can, read DIFFERENT viewpoints, get inside information, and practice any skills needed. Make sure that you do it the right way, so you can share good knowledge, valid, valuable knowledge with others. Don't share that which is just your belief (or at least present it as such), as fact. Make sure you learn all you can.

Remember that with the knowledge comes responsibility. When you learn to share, you have to make sure that you share valid information. Share so others can learn and grow, and do not allow misinformation to be passed on, either through yourself or others.

My metaphysical knowledge has benefited me in many ways, and others as well. My quilting has benefited others not only in me sharing my knowledge through teaching, but sharing quilts with others from friends and family to institutions that see that they go to those who need them. There is always a place to share your skills and knowledge in a helpful , non egotistical way. Learn in order to teach and share, but become an expert first.


Learn, research and grow!






Peshaui Wequashimese




(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf, May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.