Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Times do change.....

I have an old Mustang, and years ago I said that I would be buried in it. It was never going anywhere, never was I going to watch someone modify it into something ugly, or beat it to death, and possibly themselves in the process. The car club, road rally events, trophies and road racing were all a huge part of my life. I still can say the most fun I have ever had was road racing school at Watkins Glen NY.

My Mustang was pampered, but not to the extreme where I would not drive it for fear of getting it dirty. It was driven, and hard at times, and I had a lot of fun. It was a huge presence in my life.

Now it sits in the garage. From time to time I have thought of selling it, and tried a few times with no luck. One night I asked my guides what I should be doing. I was expecting big answers, you know, the earth shakes, lightning strikes, and there is a bright light and an "aha" moment. It happened, but not LIKE that at all. There was a list of little things, and selling the car was one of them. It has been sitting for years, and it isn't made to sit. Yet the things that came in the list were practical, and a great example of not seeing the forest for the trees. The path changed years ago, and I had not cleared out some old stuff. A friend reminded me that part of the new energy is getting rid of material things that we own just to have them, things we don't truly need. Now that the time is right, I have a line of people wanting to buy the car. The Universe is facilitating things to make it happen.

It is time to get rid of things we don't need. Give the closet a once through and if you haven't worn it lately, give it to Goodwill. Clean out the clutter, no one needs 50 of anything, except maybe dollars.

My old life was over, and this is probably phase III of the new life, yet I had old life things around. Letting go of them opens new doors and makes room for the new. If you asked me about how I would feel if I sold the car 20 years ago, I would say "terrible", now it just seems easy. It is the right thing to do, and certainly the right time. It will go to someone who will do what they will with it. I no longer need control over what happens to it. I just WANT it to be driven, and although we don't always get what we want, I am sure it will.

Now, what can I do with all that garage space? Hmmmmmmm..........




Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.