Monday, January 21, 2013

Reiki Masters and other spiritual teachers.

A few years back, when I was working to become a reiki master, I told my reiki master teacher that I would not teach or certify just anyone who came to me to be a reiki master. They would have to "apply". Certainly they could go elsewhere, and that was fine with me. I did not want to be responsible for putting a reiki master out there that was going to do more harm than good, give reiki a bad name, or act unlike a reiki master and then tell people I was their teacher.

She said she struggled with that. We needed healers, and she was hoping people who were sent to her had their hearts and minds in the right place that the training would inspire them. We had a discussion this weekend because I asked her, "Am I crazy?"

You see,  I see people who are supposed to be healers, teachers, reiki masters and so called "spiritual" people, doing, and saying, the most hateful, ridiculous and UNspiritual things.

The reiki prayer tells us to do things "just for today". It reminds us we are not perfect, but human, yet if we take things one day at a time and try our best, we will accomplish much. We won't be Mother Teresa most likely, and no one expects us to, but we will do amazing things to help and heal.We will improve our lives and the lives of others.

However, what I DO see is people who claim to be spiritual, to be healers, and to promote knowledge , love and peace for ALL, ACTUALLYspreading hate, negativity, fear and  prejudice. How did that happen? Those who paid attention in their training know to never do those things, yet I see some doing it every day.

Reiki masters, and other healers, teachers and spiritual guides NEVER spread fear, hate, negativity, or prejudice.  They are respectful and positive at all times, to all people, and never lead a fear based life. They learn , and learn each day to "let go and let God (or whatever word resonates with you). They teach, they even push, but they never , ever use fear, violence, hate, or misinformation, and then give to the local food bank thinking they are covered. You can't work the Universe tit for tat, it doesn't work that way.

Reiki practitioners, and other healing modalities practitioners, "hate" words should never leave your lips, disrespect to ANYONE should never leave your lips.Words that make people fear or feel badly should never leave your lips. Misinformation (sometimes you may actually be fooled), that you can easily check should never leave your lips. You can disagree, but when you lower yourself to fear mongering, hate, and name calling, you are NOT a reiki master, not a healer, not a teacher and certainly NOT a spiritual person.

Reiki masters learn to let go, they learn to trust that the Universe has it all under control. They learn to not use nasty words to upset, frighten, or hurt.They let things go, and don't strive every day to make the same point that benefits them in some way. They know we are a global community, and we all cannot survive without each other. They promote love, peace, positive energy and lack of fear.  They forgive, and know that forgiving does NOT mean you have to then become the person's best friend, that you can let people go. It certainly doesn't mean throwing out zingers to sting people and make a point. It certainly doesn't mean be sarcastic or smart a$$.

Right now the Universe is still driving wedges between people, it is still taking us away from people who don't get it, who forgot it, or refuse to use it. The wedges are going deeper, and are making their way into relationships where they were not before.

I have seen those wedges, and so has the reiki master that taught me. We have seen it in our lives and the lives of others. I remember a few months back someone saying something to me about a person I left behind a long time ago, a person that wasn't walking the talk. I had pretty much forgotten they existed and their name had not crossed my lips in years. The words said to me were pretty much, I know you don't like so and so , but.....Actually I had forgotten all about "so and so". I don't like or dislike them, they are sort of like the old address book in my drawer. It isn't something I consult anymore, I know it is still there, and I have no feelings about it at all. I guess it is hard for people to understand that some of us can move on so well that we almost forget a person, situation, or problem existed.

Reiki Masters, healers, and teachers need to start walking their talk, and not half way. It isn't OK to be a misinforming, fear mongering, hateful person all day and do a reiki healing at night and think you are being spiritual and kind. You aren't. You are trying to cover the stuff you KNOW is not right, it isn't good enough.

You are NOT smarter than the Universe, and it doesn't need you trying to control life. It doesn't need you taking the reins. Sometimes the Universe uses people to help change the world, but not by scaring people, calling names, making snide comments, spreading fear and hate. When you do that you are NOT even CLOSE to doing the work of the Universe, God, or Good in ANY WAY , SHAPE or FORM! The road to good things is not paved in negativity, forcing others to agree, fear, and hate. Not one single brick!

I am hoping that all the people out there that were trained in aspects that teach us to live in the now and to let go , like tai chi, yoga, reiki, meditation, and others, stop with hate, fear, and prejudice. Start walking the talk of those modalities. 

Stop using unkind words that are used only because their harshness is meant to get a reaction. Stop spreading hate, fear, and misinformation. STOP. Respect others around you, live peacefully in the now and stop spreading negativity. You are the ones who were trained to lead by example, and I must say the example I am seeing from some is pretty bad.

You aren't going to be perfect, as it is "just for today", but that doesn't mean, you get to screw up for months at a time. "Just for today" is not a "Get out of jail free" card. Think about what those modalities are and what the inherent basic tenets of them are. Are you living them daily? If not, stop in your tracks and get back to what you knew was the right thing, and walk your talk again, if you can't manage that, then say "I will no longer call myself a _______", and move on from it.

Do it the way the Universe intended , and with these modalities they come with a lifestyle change, not just a mantle you place on in a healing session or class and take off later, or don't do it all.

My old reiki master clearly sees my point about not teaching everyone. My reiki master understands. Hopefully some others will do a gut check and make some changes.





Peshaui Wequashimese




(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf, may not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.