Thursday, May 30, 2013

Asking for signs

We talked in class the other day about verifying messages by asking for signs. The trick is to not simply say "SEND ME A SIGN!" like in the movies, but to ask for a particular sign and ask to see it three times. You have to make sure it is something unusual, but not impossible. Finding you sign, or the time of year for it, is sometimes difficult.

The other day I was out for a "run"..... first let me clarify that "run" means "jog" and "jog" these days is much shorter than in the past and requires a few walking points along the three mile trek....I facetiously asked for a sign that I should be doing this.I mean it is getting harder,so is the Universe telling me to knock it off while my knees still function?

I didn't really get to the serious asking, and still have not , because as I was running , I noticed a feather. Now it is not just any feather, not a dove feather, or a starling feather. It was a Barred owl feather. It was a reward for punishing myself I suppose. Raptor feathers are beautiful things. I wish I could have a collection of them! But to me this was a sign, at least a little encouraging pat on the back.

I don't run like I used to, because I DO understand that it really is very bad for your body, yes VERY bad. It helps the heart and lungs yes, but there are lots of aerobic exercises that do that. While running is doing the helping part, it is wrecking havoc on your joints (knees, ankles, toes, hips), doing harm to your back and spine, bouncing your organs around to their limit, harming your shins (especially if you do not have the proper shoes and get shin splints), damaging breast tissue, and more. It really is NOT good for you. It is like a good drug with a bunch of terrible side effects.  I just do it for short intervals when I feel like I need to lose a few pounds, or get myself a little healthier.

I remember the running coach at a fitness center where I did kick boxing in Las Vegas, telling us that unless we wanted to run marathons, 5 miles a day was MORE than enough. He recommended 1-3 miles. I usually ran 5.5 miles in those days, but those days are long gone. Knees and hips cost way too much money. I remember him telling a gal who always had sore shins and blisters that "...until you are ready to buy real shoes and learn how to actually step (how her foot hit the ground), I won't even help you walk to the salad bar at the Venetian".

The message here is set boundaries, check with the Universe and readjust them as needed. Remember that what may have been OK when you were one age, or in one place in life, may not be good at another age, place and status.

The person who said "no pain, no gain" was an idiot. Physical growth is not supposed to cause pain, achy muscles maybe, but not pain, but then there would be no catchy rhyme! When it hurts, you stop entirely until it doesn't hurt any more. You do the same in life. You give yourself a break, life isn't a race, it isn't where you look for painful growth, it isn't where you hurt yourself in 4 areas looking to improve one. That is just dumb....make sure you have healthy boundaries and stick to them, not only in the energetic world, but in the physical world as well.

Ask the Universe for a sign if you are doing things OK, and if the sign it sends is pain, that is a message to STOP. The Universe doesn't punish , it teaches, and it shouldn't have to teach you not to hurt yourself.

Look for signs and ask for verification.It works every time!



Peshaui Wequashimese






(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.