Monday, May 13, 2013

Bump in the night

I sometimes hear things that go bump in the night. That is a vast improvement over years of crash, slide, bang, bump, thump every night. It doesn't really even get me to a surprise point anymore, forget the fear point, that was worn away long ago. The only time I get a little nervous is if I think it is a person, who is alive, trying to get in (or already be in). The dead ones don't scare me anymore.

We were talking the other night (in a dark cemetery of all places), about what would scare us. I know I can be startled by a loud crash, who wouldn't, but scared is a whole other thing. I think the only thing that would scare me is a brick flying at my head....if they can throw bricks, I am not hanging around to get hit. I'll watch from over there.....

Matt said it would be something big moving. That would get to him, but then after being growled at in a dark attic, he didn't think anything would make him actually scared (I have to agree with that). Others said that just a noise of something like a bed moving when we knew no one was on that floor (this happened at Villisca), would do it.

There are phenomenon that are decidedly NOT scary, like the lights we saw in the woods the other night. No one has figured them out yet. They flash like giant lighting bugs, but they aren't bugs. The one I saw was the size of a softball, if that is a bug, now I am scared.

There are things that do scare people and the funny part is, that when it happens, it isn't always scary right away. Many people see apparitions and aren't shaken up until later when they realize what they have seen. The thing that gets to people seems to be big noises. Not voices, things making noises like rustling, but big crashes and bangs, the same things that would make you jump on any given day.

The number one worry for me is live humans, number two is danger in he dark as in bumping into and falling off of things (stairs, etc). It was so dark the other night, I wasn't to a turn yet, if I didn't turn on my flashlight for a second, I would have met up with a tree. That is my scare point. Lights, noises, voices, black shadows, are all things I am happy to experience.

That said, if you want to help people and be an effective paranormal investigator, you need to be unafraid. You have to run toward the phenomenon, not away from it. It is OK to be scared a few times, or to leave a location if you are doing it just for fun, but when you are out helping families, you can't be afraid. Wary, ready for anything, yes, afraid, no. Certain places have certain phenomenon that you won't have to have a worry in the world about, others , you have to be very knowledgeable, serious, and prepared because bad things can happen. Being trained properly is the key (and being trained properly doesn't not mean you never missed an episode of a ghost show on TV).

So, if things go bump in the night, give a listen, make sure it is not a live human, and then tell them to be quiet while you sleep, you would be surprised how many problems that solves!




Peshaui Wequashimese






(C)2013 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.