Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I always learn something.....

I always learn something....always. Every situation there is something to learn. It may be big, it may be minuscule, it may have nothing to do directly with the situation at all...but there is always something to learn.

The most profound , but simple thing I learned lately, was this...how to know a friend.

You would think that would be easy. We were talking about friendships, people we don't see often, and how we react to friends of friends. I mentioned that there were people who I call "the mailing list". They are people that want an attachment, a life line, but really don't want to become involved. I notice also that they sometimes migrate to friends, and friends sometimes migrate to the "mailing list".

Then came the profound moment. I was asked, "Why keep a so called friend who is a person who doesn't even belong on the mailing list?"

HUH?

In other words, if they step back from friend, and still want friend benefits, but aren't doing a darn thing on their end, why keep them? I was asked why have a person who "needs" all the time? That is called charity, and you already give to those. I was also told that having friends who do things that are against your basic moral fiber is wrong, they should not be friends. I was asked, "why have friends who just want to say they know you, they aren't friends". Good question.
When you are psychic, you get all kinds of folks wanting free info. I don't mind giving out free info when people are distraught, it is part of why I am here, but when I become a crutch, that is a problem. I work all day helping people with questions, I don't need to "work" on my off hours. Dire circumstances, no problem. Things that aren't all that important, problem. Constant "dire circumstances", a whole other problem. When your life is a constant drama, you need more than psychic answers, you need to make changes, and big ones at that.

Getting back to the "friend conversation", I thought, sure, why have someone as a friend who takes, takes, takes. Someone who does things that I feel are "wrong", not just things I disagree with, but "wrong". This person was right, I was allowing people to be "friends" that did not have my best interests in mind, but theirs. I was allowing people to make promises again and again that they didn't keep. I was allowing people to take advantage.

My wise friend said to step out of that "needy" , and things will flow even more. Hmmm? I have the concept, but could having "needy" people around really slow the flow of things? I could see where it could slow the flow of new friends coming in, but other things? Yet, energy is energy...I would give it a shot.

The answer is yes, all things flow better. My wise friend says it is becasue we tell the Universe that we are learning and growing, that we give and expect what we give in return. We give strength, and want strong people. We give love, and want truly loving people, not bliss ninnies (I loved that they used my friend's label...).

Well, wise friend was right. I always believed in quality over quantity. I always believed that a "friends list" of 200 people you never met on Facebook, is a sign of insecurity and being needy, but I didn't know it went to such a degree.

Wise friend also said that once they are gone, real friends who were weeded, will ask why and accept your answer, maybe even change. False friends will either totally disappear (because they knew they were undeserving), or beat down your door because they need the attention. Again, they were right.

Choose quality over quantity.
Choose the right people to be around you.
Choose people that speak up for you when you are not there.
Choose people who give as much, or at least close to as much, as they take.
Choose people who are sincere and authentic.
Toss out the dead wood.


You can give love and forgiveness to people without being their buddy and going to tea with them every Tuesday. People confuse Universal love with a "friends list". They are totally different.

Things flow after the garden is weeded, as if a log jam were removed. My business last month, after weeding my garden, was my best month EVER. I got married (which , yes, was already planned), and it was wonderful. I have invites to some things this month that are awesome and fun, and some awesome new NA friends from my ancestor's Nation who are helping me with my lineage, songs, language, and tradition. I had wise people around me , but more were sent my way.

Don't just weed people, weed bad habits, clean out clutter...all these things block and stagnate energy. Move the furniture around if you have to, just make some positive changes because even if things are going well, they will go even better!

Also remember that the Universe is moving people into groups for the coming changes. "Like" will be more with "like". People who migrate to other groups are supposed to, let them go, but it helps to sort things out yourself, instead of waiting for the Universe to do it.

Quality over quantity.
Strength over weakness.
Honesty over deception.
Maturity over childishness.
Authenticity over fake.


Get your spring weeding done, it feels good when it is over.





Peshaui Wequashimese.






(C)2011 Triple Moon Goddess Gina, May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.