Monday, May 14, 2012

Have a sanctuary

All of us need a sanctuary. A place to go when we need to think, calm down, cheer up, get away. It is necessary sometimes for us to simply "reboot". The world can get us running headlong into a direction that we know we don't really want to go in.

We do all need to sit and recharge ourselves, or eventually we run right into the ground. This becomes even more important when we are having days when things are too hectic or aren't going very well. It is a place of quiet and relaxation. It is a place that includes our favorite things, and yet things that will not distract us.

Our bedroom is usually a sanctuary in our homes, or a den. We have a couple of sanctuaries in our home and they work well. We even have space for Matt to go and concentrate away from my constantly ringing phone, and a I have places I can go. We have places we share as a sanctuary. We never have needed time out or time apart in our relationship , but some people do need that. We have indoor space, and then our favorite, our outdoor spaces. We have created places outdoors that are quiet, or at least as quiet as the next open pipe motorcyclist trip down our road, and places where we can watch birds, listen to the water in the fountain, and smell the honeysuckle.

It is important in my job. Many don't realize how hard it can be. Yes it seems like it is just talking all day long, and it is, but it also is opening up to people and swimming in their energy. When people are especially distraught, sad, or unstable, it is hard to hold onto my space while going through their whirlwind. Some days it is tiring, some people make me need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air, or in some rare cases, I need a shower to wash the "ick" off of me. I also will not read for people who are drunk, high or outright nasty crazy.Those altered states are pure hell to swim in while doing a reading. That invites all kinds of issues, and even beings in,  and I have no desire to have to deal with all of that mess.

When you are clairsentient, empathic, or sensitive, you can take on other people's emotions. You can also take on their symptoms (and that is one reason I stay far away from those who aren't feeling well, unless I have all my reiki "tools" in place). To work in the metaphysical wold we have to open up to everything, but we also have to have tools in place of protection and boundaries. People think this is easy, and simple. It is sometimes, easy, but mostly not, tiring, frustrating, and can even be harmful to us physically and mentally.

I always have to have a bit of a doorstop in the door to the other side, holding it partly closed in case I have to slam it. I used to get tons of information about everyone I came near. I long ago asked for that to stop. It nearly drove me crazy, I now have filters set up.

Meanwhile we all still need that space, that sanctuary, we can go to in order to drop stress, worry and frustration. We need that place in order to be whole.

Make a sanctuary for yourself. It can be tiny, it doesn't have to be big, and the smaller the better actually. You can make it inside or outside, just make it a space you can control, and leave your cell phone outside the door.

Have an awesome week.




Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2012 Dr R M Wolf, may not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.