Thursday, May 24, 2012

Try being nice!

Going through our day to day lives we need to respond to people, situations, and challenges in a positive manner. Remember , it is not what happens to us, but how we respond to it that matters. Every time something goes sideways, it is the Universe giving you a quiz to see if you have learned anything yet. We are judged by how we react to our world. The world will throw us curveballs every once in a while, and we need to adjust our stance and timing and hit the ball out of the park.

I worked with the general public a few times in my life, and believe me, most people are really wonderful. However there is usually one jerk that can ruin someone's day. Having to deal with a hateful person is hard to shake off. Whenever I am in any situation where I am interacting with people who work with the public, I go out of my way to be nice to them. When I spot a bully, watch out. I have told the story before about a lady at Walmart demanding that the two people behind the deli counter wait on her at the same time, and the poor worker's discomfort when she tried to explain that she needed to wait on others. I know the worker can't say "lady you are being a selfish jerk", so I did. When the worker finally turned to us and apologized for the wait (she didn't wait on the lady who was already being waited on), I said...You don't have to apologize, you are not the one acting like a selfish jerk. I didn't know the Queen of England shopped at Walmart! Needless to say, the idiot lady didn't make another peep.It was interesting watching her embarrassed husband back away , almost to the point of being in the vegetable racks. I then made a point to put in a good work with the worker's boss becasue I know the selfish woman would go home and write a letter or call the manager. The manager was very thankful.

People who work in these jobs also have lives, bad days, sick kids, bosses who are having their issues. Their computers break, there are snafus and breaks in communication. Just like you aren't having fun dealing with an issue, they aren't either. Be reasonable and kind. The issue is rarely the total fault of the person you are dealing with. Working with the public stinks. People think it is OK to take out their frustration and bad day on the poor soul standing in front of them becasue they cannot "fight back". That is being the ultimate bully. I don't tolerate bullies.

There is no excuse for being a bully in this life. Not in school, everyday interactions, marriages, or friendships. Yes, friendships, so many people have manipulative friends who use them to make their lives better.

Don't yell, don't curse, don't call the person names that you are dealing with. When you have a legitimate issue, then calmly and quietly ask to speak to someone in charge. Having a bad day or having things go wrong, is no reason to be a jerk. You ruin someone's day, embarrass yourself and all who are with you, and Karma is a bitch.

I will say that there are those of us out there who do a little "superhero work". We protect the innocent. Anytime I see a bully, like Walmart lady, I make sure they know they are being a jerk and they are not going to get away with it.

I make it a point to say "thank you", "please", and "You too" when they wish me a good day. I am super nice to people who are out there working away trying to make our lives better. The servers in the restaurants, the check out lady at the store, the drive through person at Mc Donald's They are all people with feelings, issues, and a hard job to do.

It is YOUR Karma how you treat these people. It is their Karma how they do their job, you are not there to police their lives, you wouldn't like it if they policed yours. They are many times getting paid a low wage, and dealing with problem after problem, don't be a part of the bad Karma.

Think to yourself...what would my mom say if she say me doing this? It is a great barometer of behavior. Most of us had great Moms who taught us well. Don't just not be a jerk, but be a ray of sunshine in the person's life. Please and thank you were words that you were taught early, use them more than hurtful ones.

Have a great day!!
(I heard you all say "you too")
Thank you!!!




Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2012 Dr R m Wolf. May not be used copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.