Friday, May 11, 2012

Learning new songs.

Recently I have had the blessing of having a few new Native American songs delivered into my lap. They come from different directions, but they are all gifts to sing. I asked for songs a while ago and not too much happened, a few trickled in but now we have plenty of them , and different types and styles in different languages from east to west.

I guess they needed to be in our minds and throats now, instead of earlier, for some reason. Maybe they were meant for certain people, or certain situations. We will never know. But they are here and through some strange miracle, I am remembering them. It was difficult to remember songs in the past and they would blend together, but now they are firmly in my brain, and I have no trouble separating or remembering them. I guess it just wasn't time then, but it is time now. It is funny how things work.

First I want to say THANK you to the Universe for helping me learn and remember the songs. Thank you for bringing people to us to learn them. Thank you for making it start to flow even easier. Also THANK YOU to all who shared, advised, sang, gave permission for use of special songs , and helped in any way. From those who taught and explained language to whose who shared traditional songs. Many special thanks to Kenneth Little Hawk and his wife, and all my east coast "relatives"  for helping with explanations, words and pronunciations. To the Crums for sharing and allowing us to share, and everyone else who helped in anyway. Thanks to those who shared family history that makes the songs have more meaning. I believe you need to know what you are singing about in order to sing it. Thanks Rocky , for all your participation.

There are some very good people in the world.

When an endeavor is going slowly, makes some changes, those changes may allow things to flow. Changes were made, and changes happened, and all of a sudden the flood gates opened. The help, information and assistance were there.

Have a fun , learning weekend!




Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2012 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

Learn something new this weekend, and if you are advancing slowly, make some changes and see what happens. Sometimes the stage has to be set JUST right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.