Monday, November 7, 2011

Calendar filling fast!

Between parties, teaching classes, owl prowls, Christmas shopping, lunch with friends,paranormal investigations and family visits....I think I am about booked til next year. It is amazing how the calendar can fill up so quickly. I still have to manage in our annual after Thanksginving "No turkey allowed" brunch. That is a cold day (usually) of eggs and bacon cooked over a bonfire with some mimosas, and our Jim's creation (a Derail), to keep people warm and give them vitamin C.

I remember times when there was no money to do anything and I was in Las Vegas where I basically knew no one. I made a friend from my home state, She and her family and myself became friends.We had a blast. I got out of Vegas when it became too expensive and too boring (yes boring), and moved on to New Mexico (that I LOVED). I say "boring" because the view out the window didn't change much in several years time. Now Matt has become a fan of the west. It doesn't have to be the desert, as a matter of fact we prefer the high desert with a dash of green. When I lived in NM it could snow at night and was always around 55-65 the next day at noon. The people are so genuine and so wonderful , and all my NA friends that I made there were such great teachers.

Things change, things progress, and now I have a new bunch of friends, all of whom are awesome people. I had to "weed my garden" now that I am out of the southwest, but there was a huge crop, so the weeding didn't harm things a bit. They managed to fill up my calendar! It was a journey, and journeys are sometimes scary, sometimes fun, sometimes uncomfortable. My journey was filled with amazing true things, and sadly some stories about me that defy logic, but that's OK, I moved forward and onward and kept moving upward to more achievements, and better places.

Someday my calendar may be full of many more events even newer that the ones I have now, some of those events, like pow wow's followed a thread and waxed and waned all though my travels to become important again. I have learned, and have grown, and managed to escape the rat race. There are things I miss about my younger days, and things I hope to never experience again...but then it all led me to this place.

Making sure that you are always moving, learning , growing. Don't get to be old and say "I have always wanted to..." or "I was never able to...". The calendar fills up quickly, and that is a good thing!!


Peshaui Wequashimese


(c)2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.