Thursday, November 10, 2011

Find a mentor

The one thing I wished I had when I was a little baby psychic, was a mentor. I wasn't able to find someone who was knowledgeable about the ability and how to handle it, until I was about 11 or 12 years old. The time up until then was confusing and fun until we moved into the creepy haunted house. Then I wanted so badly to know how to make things better. Luckily we eventually found a man and his expertise helped get things under control. Later on I learned even more and that knowledge made me braver and stronger.

Today there are many people out there who claim some sort of expertise, but many of them really aren't experts at all. Once you start talking to them, you realize they have about 1/100th of the information out there. What you need to really learn well, and work int he metaphysical, is a mentor. I have a few folks that bounce questions off of me and ask for help sorting out the metaphysical. That is part of why I am here. I have made sure that I had qualified teachers, read the best books, took classes , and on top of all that used my common sense and intuition to sort out the good from the BS that is designed to take your cash out of your pocket. Unfortunately there is a lot of that out there. Not all places that fleece you realize that they are fleecing you, and that compounds the problem.

I don't have a class that is expensive, my most expensive class is Reiki Master, and that is well below the thousands some people charge. We need healers , why would we make it difficult to have them?

I don't take a class without researching it first, unless I am very familiar with the teacher or the concept already. There are some people with reputations out there claiming they are wonderful teachers, and they didn't even begin to "teach" me a blessed thing. They are nice people, they just aren't teachers.

I am always willing to share basic knowledge with anyone. I tell people how to ground themselves, do protection , and the basics of Universal Law. It is the basis for every training in anything. You cannot do ANY energy or metaphysical work well without that knowledge. Teachers who try to give you a quick one hour Reiki Master class are giving you nothing but trouble. My reiki master training took 6 months, and that doesn't include the time spent on I & II.

Make sure that you are getting a quality teacher, and that does not mean just taking their word for it. I never get insulted when people ask about my training, my abilities or my view of the metaphysical world. People who are authentic won't mind at all! They will be happy to share and even point you to some good teachers.

Make sure that you are trained and that you have a mentor that you can go to with questions, before doing any metaphysical work. Not only may you give misinformation or a lack of info, but you may get yourself into a situation that you cannot handle.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask!


Peshaui Wequashimese

(C)2011 Dr. R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.