Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Time for another Ghost Story

I could tell so many ghost stories. I lived in a haunted house for 17 years, then moved into another one for about a year. One other home, I would not call haunted, but it had "something in the basement". I also had experiences outside of those homes.

We had a home in Pennsylvania that was a neat little ranch. The basement was fully finished. There was carpet, paneling, windows, a bar, a family room area. It was not creepy at all. Yet if you ventured into the one corner (where our computer was set up), it was downright creepy. You always felt that you were being watched.

The creepy feeling was most of the experience. There weren't voices or things being moved. The only thing a person would notice who didn't give in to the creep feeling, was that it was always cold there. The basement was heated, sure it was a little cooler than the upstairs, but it wasn't "cold". I would quilt down there and I would stay far away from that corner unless I had to use the computer.

When you sat there it was so cold your fingers would get stiff, your toes numb, and your bones chilled. Yet nothing ever happened. Nothing moved, nothing made a sound.

I didn't think much of it, until my young daughter would run up the stairs after turning off the lights. There was a switch at the top of the stairs in the kitchen, but the light it attached to had a string pull too, so sometimes you had to venture to the actual light to turn it off or on. When I asked her what was going on, she said there is something creepy down there. She felt it too.

The day before our closing to buy the house, the lady who lived there died suddenly. She was in a parking lot of a picture framing store after dropping off a picture to be framed. She sat in her car, had a massive heart attack and died. Our closing was of course moved out a week or so, but we closed and moved in. I don't know if it was her just guarding over the house. She never really had a chance to settle into her new home. It was not ready for them yet (it was being built), and they were living with her mother at the time. Her husband was devastated.

I would think she wouldn't hang out in the basement, but come up and enjoy the house she loved for so long, but then again she may have not wanted to intrude on the new family. I don't think it was her however. When you visit enough haunted places, you realize there is a "feeling" that means something is there, and then there are varying degrees of CREEPY. Creepy can be an unhappy , grouchy spirit, to something not of this earth. I never figured out what was down there. I left it alone and it left me alone. I never got an impression of a person, gender, or name, which is unusual. I guess I will never know. Today I would be down there asking questions with a recorder in my hand, but that wasn't what we did in those days not so long ago!

When we sold the house I didn't mention it . I didn't feel anyone was in danger there, as it never did a thing to us over the years , except make us cold. There were no ghost shows and such at the time, I would have most likely been labeled a nutcase.  I wonder if the new family in the house (which included two little boys), ever felt anything. I think there is a new family in there now.

I had never discussed the creepy feeling with her, after all, who wants to scare a kid of about 6 years old. She didn't have any concept of ghosts and such at that age, yet she felt it too. It is funny how some ghost stories aren't dramatic, yet the creepy feeling in that area was one of the worst I have ever felt, only topped by my house in New Mexico and the Axe Murder House in Villisca.

There are creepy spots all over this planet. They are exciting to find, yet not so much fun when they are in your basement.




Peshaui Wequashimese




(C)2012 Dr R M Wolf. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.