Monday, December 20, 2010

A word about teaching, and RESPECT.

Teaching is one of THE most important things that we do. We do it even without ever entering a classroom. We do it by example, we do it by being out and active in the world, and in being part of any group.

It is very important to do certain things correctly. It is important to make sure we perform ritual as ritual. The word itself means that something is done the same way every time. We can also celebrate, that does not mean there is a set of rules to follow, but there is an energy to things, maybe even guidelines to follow. For example, I may celebrate Easter by doing abundance rituals...another person may go to church that day...another person may take the old Pagan fertility and Christian ways out of it entirely and just have dinner with family. Some may just celebrate for the kids, and buy chocolate bunnies. No one is wrong, no one is right.

The point is that none of those are bad things. However, if you are teaching an origin or ritual of Easter, you have to go back to the Pagan Oestre, show how the church adapted it, etc. You don't tell the world that the way your family celebrates is the right way. We also need to be careful not to add outside FLUFF to ritual and make others think it is part of the original ritual or a genre.

Then there is the part where we need to learn how and when to speak up. When a group is being shown something incorrectly, and told incorrect information, yes, we need to speak up. When a person loudly proclaims himself of a certain genre or belief system and demonstrates it totally off the mark, then we need to say something so that others do not copy and think they are doing the right thing. When people do dishonest, illegal or immoral things, we need to have a chat with them, or contact law enforcement, depending on the situation.

The key is that there is always a "teaching" going on. That can include making an example and protecting the person at the same time. For example : The store clerk the other day could not count my change. What are we teaching in our schools?" Now, this doesn't make the clerk a bad person, her name was not mentioned to embarrass her, it is the speaker's way of getting people to think, make change in the way things are done, and hopefully bring about better things. Depending on the setting it has higher impact. Maybe the setting is a PTA meeting, school board meeting, or BBB get together, where this is significant. Maybe the person wants to start a discussion, or just vent (which is OK).

My blogs never mention names, although I could. I do not. I don't care if the people get mad at me, I am not in a popularity contest, but I try not to embarrass them.

However, when a person is constantly putting down everyone they meet, that is a problem. I know a person that can NEVER say a nice thing about anyone else. Needless to say, I stay far away from her.

When you pick on people, it is different from teaching them or making a teaching example of them. When you do something to belittle, insult, or cause hurt, and those being the first and only reasons, then that is not teaching. When it comes to teaching, don't sweat the small stuff. Teach important stuff. Not if the sentence should have included the word "who" or "whom", leave that to the college profs...they need the money.

I had a person one day complain about the grammatical errors and punctuation in my blogs, complain to others that is, not to me. That was just being mean and spiteful. She didn't give me a grammar lesson, but told others. She did it in retribution, and spite. All the wrong way and wrong reasons. This happened again to a friend of mine yesterday. When you have no valid argument, when you make fun of a person's ethnicity or background, when you make fun of how they spell, then you my friend, are the ignorant one.

Those types of behavior are mean and spiteful, things done by people who just have to make themselves feel better by putting other people down. They are angry and upset about other things, and have no firm basis to defend themselves, so they pick on your spelling, your clothing, your background, your hair, your friends. They are called Haters. I did a blog on them a while back on My space. They just have to attack, and do it below the belt. It is mean, spiteful, and childish.

I for one, cannot type to save my life.I can spell pretty well, so my detractor didn't even get that part right. I typed my web page out for my business, read it several times, published it, and goofed in 2 places. Other spiritual people were kind enough to privately email me and let me know that my page had 2 errors. I thanked them and corrected the errors. This was s business page and these things were important.

When a person makes fun of your blog, social network posting, email, or other personal issuance, then they are just being a mean, spiteful person. This is childish and unnecessary. This is not productive, teaching, or anything else positive, it is just trying to make that person look bad to others, and shows a lack of respect, and a huge amount of insecurity.

When you really "teach" you are showing respect. When you make fun of someone, you are being a jerk.

When you do not show respect to another person, and you make fun of them, you deserve no respect, you deserve whatever comes to you.

Teach, don't belittle.
Teach the right thing.
Do the right thing FOR THE RIGHT REASONS!



Peshaui Wequashimese







(C)2010 Triple Moon Goddess Gina. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.