Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning and Growing....go hand in hand

All my life, I loved school. Really. There were days I wasn't all that fond of it, but that was because I went to schools in a city where there was a lot of issues. Drugs, fights, and more. One of the high schools in my city, even had a movie made about it. The Principal got tough and straightened out a mess, he later was condemned for his tactics, but knowing that school, they were the only tactics that would work.I was "lucky" enough to attend a different school, on the other side of town, it was better, but not much.

The good thing was that if you wanted to learn, all the opportunity was there. I always loved learning. My Mom made sure I could read and print before I started school. I had a library card when I was in kindergarten, and used it every week. Good grades were expected and I was rarely off the honor roll, maybe two grade periods due to my least favorite subject, math.

I loved college, and the opportunity to learn what I wanted to. I earned my bachelors, but didn't really use it, until I started my own business. I learned to teach dance, and did so for a few years. I have also taught quilting classes and most recently metaphysical classes.

I love to teach, but the other side of that coin is that I love to learn! Many learn , go out and teach, and stagnate. They haven't been in a classroom in years, if ever. There are so many different things to learn and so much new information on things, that you almost HAVE to learn new things. When you learn different genres, you learn how things all come together and how many things thought to be different, are essentially the same.

A little over a year ago I started to work on my Metaphysical degrees. It was easy for me and I sped through most of the bachelors, as I already knew and taught most of what was in there. Then I wrote my Masters on the collective unconsciousness, which was apropos, as my original bachelors was in psychology. I also earned my divinity degree and pastoral counseling certification at the same time.

My Masters was a challenge, after all , when I was at Montclair State we were not even allowed to think about the metaphysical when it came to psychology.I had to take what I learned about Jung the psychologist, and what I learned about Jung the mystic, and combine it. I liked the challenge,but that's me. To get a nice blend I also took , what they called in those days, a correspondence course in parapsychology from a branch of Stamford. There were no accredited schools for metaphysical studies, and today there are only two.

I decided to make my dissertation an "easier" subject, at least for me, and wrote on adding different aspects, tools, and processes to traditional reiki. I was very happy with it when it was complete and I sent it off for approval. Yesterday I was notified that it was approved. I am not sure how many books I read in the process of the metaphysical studies and I still have suggested reading I will do, but it was fun. Yes, fun. Maybe the love of learning that my Mom instilled in me when I was a toddler is still there, but I love learning new things.

I cannot understand why people refuse to learn, pass up on a learning experience, or pass on incorrect information. They do, every day. Sometimes it is just their take on things, sometimes they misunderstand, and sometimes they just never bothered to learn. To them, learning is not fun, to me learning is awesome. The hardest part I have is finding time to learn new things. Time will loosen up a little now, but I already have a list of things I want to learn from new songs to new quilting techniques.

We are students all our lives. The Universe teaches us lessons everyday. Sometimes those lessons are hard, and sometimes they are wonderful, but they are all valuable. I would rather "do the right things for the right reasons", and choose my lessons. It is much more fun that way.

Pick up a book, take a class, try a new craft or skill. There are many people out there trying new things every day. It can be cooking, sewing, a sport, a dance, a belief system, a history, a language. It doesn't matter what, just learn what resonates with you , and learn it well. Remember to check your source's reliability, and get valuable information. Information for information's sake is not really learning. It is adding useless and sometimes false information to your brain. There is no need for that.

Don't try to cram your brain. I remember a wise soul telling me that the key to knowledge was not necessarily knowing all the information, but knowing how to find it.

You can't find it sitting under a rock, so come into the light and learn!

Learn, share and grow....and always do the right thing for the right reasons.





Peshaui Wequashimese

PS, The leader in the Pueblo Tribes List has six...anyone have a longer list???You all should at least have Acoma.




(C)2011 triple Moon Goddess Gina, May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.