Monday, February 21, 2011

Protocol, manners, and respect

Note: Please remember to check my web page ( www.triplemoongoddessgina.com)for updates on events and classes.

*****************

There are some things in life that is free to give, and free to accept, yet their value is, as the kids say today, GINORMOUS! Two of them are manners and respect.
That is, treating people and events with respect and reverence. There is no reason to ever be rude, condescending, or disrespectful. Sometimes these flow from ignorance, and that is why it is so important to learn, research and grow. Sometimes it flows out of greed, or ego. The "I" steps before the "we". There were several times over the weekend, where Matt and I thought "Do people have manners anymore?".

Anyone can get into a situation where they are upset, and cross the line. It happens. Then all you have to do is apologize, suffer the consequences (the person may never allow you back into their lives again), and then make sure you NEVER DO IT AGAIN. That is the key, never do it again, without it, your apology is meaningless.

We weren't put on this earth to never make a mistake, but to learn from them.


For a moment over the past few days, I thought "Maybe I am old fashioned", but I knew my daughter would never do the things I saw and heard some adults doing, so it isn't that. These were not even actions and words out of anger, but out of selfishness. I even had moments of "My Mother would KILL me if I did that." In our excitement, frustration, happiness, or anger, we need to remember to still follow protocol, to have manners, and to be respectful of others. When you feel that there is a need to step outside a boundary, ask. It may be possible. I have learned SOOO much , just by asking questions in the middle of doing things. Just ask, the worst that can happen is that you are told "no", and the best, that you learn something.

When learning, you are expected to make mistakes. When you claim to be an authority, you are NOT expected to step all over people and tradition, just for the heck of it.

Always ask yourself first, "is this the right thing to do (for the right reasons)?", if the answer is "no", then don't do it. That should cover just about ANY situation. Be honest with your answer.

Meanwhile, as my Grandma would say "Mind your Ps and Qs"...it will keep you out of trouble.


Do the right things for the right reasons. Manners are not dead, and neither is respect.



Peshaui Wequashimese





(C)2011 Triple Moon Goddess Gina. May not be used, copied or reproduced without prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.