Monday, February 28, 2011

...until you don't have it any more

There is an old saying that you really do not know what you have until you do not have it anymore. That does not always apply, but it does MUCH of the time. I grew up in the northeast where spring was days and even weeks of rain. You wouldn't see the sun for such long periods, you began to doubt that it really was still up there. I can imagine why our ancestors would fear these types of situations and worship sun gods, and rain gods too!

The weather where I lived had extremes. It could be 90 plus for days on end, or single digits. It could rain for days, or we could have a drought. It could snow all winter, or not at all. It was all up to the weather gods.

When big life changes came my way, I vowed to never be cold again. To be out of the soggy rain. A friend said there were jobs in Las Vegas (this was just after 9/11 and there were no jobs on the east coast). Las Vegas is sunny and warm, and off I went. I had wanted to move, although Las Vegas never entered my mind as the place to be. I was thinking more Carolinas. Vegas was great. Sunny, warm winters, no freezing body parts or moldy leaves to rake. It was great for about a year. Then it was OK, then it was flat out boring.

I always loved the rain, just not for weeks at a time....Yet now, I was lucky if it rained twice a year, and "rain" was several drops for about 10 minutes. It dried up immediately. I only saw one desert deluge that washed cars, and even a firetruck, away.The dry arroyo next to us became a raging set of rapids. It was awesome to watch.

After about three years, I had to have cooler weather , and rain. I wanted the rain back. I moved to New Mexico and the weather was awesome, the only problem there was that I was in a community that was in the middle of nowhere and had nothing. There was work, and that was about it.I couldn't find the right weather, climate, people combination. I later figured out I was to work for myself, and that made everything MUCH better.

The point is that we sometimes do not know what we have til it's gone. We need to appreciate the sun AND the rain, the winter and the summer, the good and the bad.
There is a reason for everything, some reasons are major, some are not. I love the rain, and I suppose I have always loved it. I had to NOT have the rain to know that though.

After doing some real studying of the metaphysical and Universal Law, I realized we should never ever ask for Gaia, or Mother Nature to bring us rain, or not; to bring us sun or not; to bring us warmer or colder. Each thing that she does, even her extremes, has a direct purpose. We should NEVER do anything to alter her whims except treat her well. When she is treated well, she does exactly what she is meant to do. We should never pretend to know more than Creator, God, or the Universe by asking for weather to be altered. Mother Nature knows much better than we, what this planet needs at any given time. rust her and she will do well by you!

Allow a little rain into your life...it is cleansing, cooling, and makes the flowers grow!

Spring showers , after all, do really bring May flowers!


Peshaui Wequashimese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the blog is for helping and teaching. Any comments found to be abusive, hateful, negative or SPAM will not be published. My readers come here for positive solutions and growth, not negativity, arguments, nor hate.